Clearwater has been planning a year’s worth of celebrations in honor of the city’s 100th birthday. May 27, 2015 is the big day and they’re celebrating in a big way. May is going to be a whirlwind of special centennial events. At this time eight official centennial events are planned, with more applications arriving almost every day.
– May 2 – Old Hickory Golf Tournament at the Clearwater Country Club, 1 p.m.
– May 9 – Clearwater Beach Taste Fest at the Beach Walk Promenade on Clearwater Beach, 5:30 p.m.
– May 16 – Relay for Life at Coachman Park, noon
– May 20 – Public Utilities Open House and Top Ops Competition at 1650 N. Arcturas Ave.
– May 23 – The Garden of Grace Ministries “Worship Under the Stars” at 2905 Gulf to Bay Blvd.
– May 27 – Happy Birthday, Clearwater! 100th anniversary of the signing of the Special Act that incorporated the City of Clearwater. A monument unveiling will occur on the western side of the Courtney Campbell Causeway.
– May 27 – Clearwater Day with the Clearwater Threshers, 6:30 p.m., Bright House Field.
– May 30 – Clearwater Centennial Parade and celebration, from Crest Lake Park to Coachman Park down Drew Street, 6:30 p.m. This event includes a block party followed by fireworks.
Posted on April 29, 2015 at 2:10 pm by Ed Karlander